Thursday, September 20, 2012



Value Portraits Art Critique
                                                                                                                                                        
Self evaluation (must write at least 3 sentences for each question)
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
 first, I had to take a piece of tracing paper and outline every single value in the face. then I had to flip the tracing paper over and pencil over the entire backside.  after finishing that, we put the tracing paper (right side up) into our sketchbook. I retraced over the values again very dark, and once the values were transfered over into our sketchbook, you could begin shading them in. then after completing all the shading, I drew in the eyes, nose and mouth. my value portrait was complete!
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I had look closely and see where different parts of the face were lighter and darker. using our value chart, I had to then shade in the face to match the values correctly. 
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
Yes. I have some parts were there are shadows and that makes it darker. The hair and the shirt is the darkest part of the portrait, then the shadows are the next.  There are many different ranges of value in the drawing.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I think i did pretty well on this.  I think i did well on shading and the overal shape of the face. but im sure my values could have been a little darker.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them. 
After i had shaded the entire backside of the tracing paper, i outlined it much darker into the sketchbook like we were supposed to. when i lifted the sheet, hardly any of the outline was there! i had to start over and press as hard as i could onto the tracing paper in order to get the faintest outline into the sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment